Friday, September 11, 2009

ok, the title, ....what?

For all of you who know me, I was trying to come up with some way to summarize what has happened in these last few weeks , with some great all-encompassing title for a blog, ha, something like "God's Providence" or
 "God's ways are amazing" , or a quote from a hymn, etc.... but this silly title seemed to sum it up best, haha!
I have learned alot lately about how God can work in all situations [ but being IN it, is a better lesson to learn, than just knowing "about" how He does this] and Im hoping to share a year's worth of amazing things that God will orchestrate while Im teaching in Budapest....

For starters, the fact that I lost my job was a "downer" in and of itself, but when I see now why it could have happened, as many people say, "hind sight is 20/20 on seeing God's providence" then I can appreicate how God is up to something!!
Having a teaching program take me in LAST MINUTE, to teach in my favourite city, Budapest, is like a dream come true! And to top it off it just tickles me pink to see how God ordained the placement program to choose a Reformed Christian school for me to teach! This is just incredible...!!!

More to come, as things unfold...check back weekly/monthly/ not sure which...

 I thank you so much for your prayers and support during this, it means more than you can imagine and God has encouraged and uplifted me through it!

I dont want to go overboard, because not everything is a "sign", but as I look at the course of events that got me to this job, I am humbled at how God still works even when my faith and hope was feeling shaken, how He carries me thru all things, and how He is sooo in control, He , well, just blows me away!

4 comments:

  1. Lauren! Great job creating this blog in record time! I love all you shared and the fun/cheerful graphics! Looking forward with excitement and gratefulness for all that God has planned for you. Keep your eyes on the LORD. Yes, our God is incredible and amazing indeed! xoxo Chun-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to keeping up with this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren! Your faith and your testimony are such an inspiration to me. Will look forward to following your blog this year. My only regret, we were just getting to know each other... Guess we will be hearing a lot more from you in the weeks and months ahead. And our prayers will go with you. Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Lauren!

    What and amazing opportunity and answer to prayer. Great idea on keeping a blog. I look forward to following you along your journey. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete