Friday, December 18, 2009

Need to keep up here more! November slipped by!

Hello Friends and Family,

I have meant to write more here in the last month to keep you updated, but havent, so here is some info, although it is December!!!

The classes are still going fairly well, and it is interesting to see that teens are maybe the same everywhere [it seemed different at first, but now I see they are kinda "Im too cool for school" haha, but ts ok] there are about 50% who try and want to learn, so Im just focusing on the positive half of things, and praying for the other half! I really have realized I need so much more time to pray and haven't got the extra time, or cant find it in my WAY-full schedule, so this is a struggle I need God to help me through, and show me what to do [I think this is also where others' praying comes in.. what a support/ blessing really!!!

This is my courtyrad - in Nov [its snowing now!! so not as bright] and leaves are gone!

 What I mean on a more practical level is, life here is harder to adjust to than I thought it would be, and it is just harder -period, for the people...... and with lack of sleep and most things being a challenge, God has brought me to a point of knowing I am helpless... This is a good place to bring me and this news isnt a surprise to me, because I think God will remind me that it is Him doing something, and to cause me to rely on Him more and more....

On the way to work in the AM, I sit on the Metro [underground train] and sometimes read a little booklet of Spurgeon's old sermons and I am so touched by how God will still use us in spite of ourselves - it's a grace from Him and it shows His power, I think, more.... because His power is perfected in my weakness and I hope His glory shines more in my "lack" b.c it is clearer to see God at work if  God does seomthing thru weak person, rather than a self-sufficient strong person doing it, then it could be mistaken as "Well, he's just good at that." God gives us talents and abilities, and we can be good at things too,of course, but Im just saying that when I feel weak, He is still strong - thank God! And He is showing me this, in a practical sense.

This is Novemeber, near Arpad Hid...

The Thursday Night group has been the highlight of my week!!! There are about 8 to 10 people, and we finished the first 6-week session "Relativism - Feet Frimly Planted in Mid-Air". This was the title of the book we went thru [ well, we read some of the key pages, slowly, and discussed the topics and vocabulary] , and it brought up some good questions people had about absolute truth, God's word, etc,etc... Im sooo blessed to be able to be with this group and share my faith and try to explain in simple terms how beautiful the Gospel is, and how precious God's grace is for us.... it has been truly a wonderful time- THIS is the reason I wanted to be here and it is just amazing that God orchestrated this meeting so sooon after me being here [or even before I cme, as He put it into the heart of my friend's mom, the pastors wife] ,well, Im just humbled to see it happen before my eyes. Please pray for the men and women who came. Not really posting names here :)

Gotta run, taking antibiotics now for a che/st cold that was originally a fever  flu, yuck.... being sick isnt fun, please pray for my health and that Ill be 100% again soon  - -

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Lauren, I love your pictures, and I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm sending our Christmas love from the French Family.
    Love,
    Debbie
    ~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! Im 95% better ;) as of today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with you, sometimes we tried to do things by our own strength but God wanna show that is Him doing something and not us, many times i also forgot about this....
    Let us just remind each other :)

    love,
    Voon

    ReplyDelete