Hi Friends,
Wow, it's been almost a year, to the date, and I get to go to Hungary again! This in itself is a miracle, being out of work and yet having some old frequent flyer miles and a bit of money for rent and train rides - God provided this dream to come true = woohoo!
God is good, because in this year, He has brought me through some really tough times/trials/struggles, in many categories of my life(physically, socially, spiritually,etc) and has pretty much brought me to a place of seeing more of my own sin, and yet more of His patience and grace with me and His forgiveness, and I kinda feel like "whow, if I'm in this down place, how will He be able to use me?" But then I realize, this could be the way He shows me (again and again) that it is Him and not me.... because as I'm in a low place now, it is teaching me that He will still do something even when I am weak, or maybe even more than if I thought I "had it together"....huh, is this finally sinking into my hard head? hahaha! (Not really funny, but I've gotta laugh)
This summer I get to go for some English summer camps in the Ukraine and Romania - I'll post some photos and let you know where and which cities, etc, when I know because lots of you guys will know these cities I'm in!
I'm going to these camps with some of the same people from the church I was at in Budapest last year- we've kept in touch thru the year - They have some other locations of churches that have these English camps as an outreach to the local community - a free class to learn/ practice English, but what's cool is we use the Bible for the lesson. For example, let's say we read Matthew 5, but we're looking for verbs and adjectives, ha! And we talk about the content and ask discussion questions - this is our chance to share the gospel!! Then we show a movie or short film with a gospel-theme, and perhaps some crafts for younger kids that also teach about Him...
Please pray that God would open the hearts and minds of people who come, that they would see the huge difference between "earn it" religion and "given freely" gospel truth! I'm still packing now, but I'll write more as it comes up! Thanks so much for your prayers!
Wow, it's been almost a year, to the date, and I get to go to Hungary again! This in itself is a miracle, being out of work and yet having some old frequent flyer miles and a bit of money for rent and train rides - God provided this dream to come true = woohoo!
God is good, because in this year, He has brought me through some really tough times/trials/struggles, in many categories of my life(physically, socially, spiritually,etc) and has pretty much brought me to a place of seeing more of my own sin, and yet more of His patience and grace with me and His forgiveness, and I kinda feel like "whow, if I'm in this down place, how will He be able to use me?" But then I realize, this could be the way He shows me (again and again) that it is Him and not me.... because as I'm in a low place now, it is teaching me that He will still do something even when I am weak, or maybe even more than if I thought I "had it together"....huh, is this finally sinking into my hard head? hahaha! (Not really funny, but I've gotta laugh)
This summer I get to go for some English summer camps in the Ukraine and Romania - I'll post some photos and let you know where and which cities, etc, when I know because lots of you guys will know these cities I'm in!
I'm going to these camps with some of the same people from the church I was at in Budapest last year- we've kept in touch thru the year - They have some other locations of churches that have these English camps as an outreach to the local community - a free class to learn/ practice English, but what's cool is we use the Bible for the lesson. For example, let's say we read Matthew 5, but we're looking for verbs and adjectives, ha! And we talk about the content and ask discussion questions - this is our chance to share the gospel!! Then we show a movie or short film with a gospel-theme, and perhaps some crafts for younger kids that also teach about Him...
Please pray that God would open the hearts and minds of people who come, that they would see the huge difference between "earn it" religion and "given freely" gospel truth! I'm still packing now, but I'll write more as it comes up! Thanks so much for your prayers!

No comments:
Post a Comment