Hello!!
It is GREAT to be back here! Today is Day 2, and since I have internet access for the next 3 days, I thought I'd post something while there's a chance... :)
Well, it feels sort of like I didn't leave, or at least I feel right at home. Things look the same, the first two days have been cloudy, which isn't typical, but is a relief from the scorching heat that is normal for this time of year.
When I first landed, I was thinking of how to say some things in Hungarian, and the running joke with my friends here is "Elfeletetem majdnem mindig" which is my new sentence I put together. It means "Ive forgotten almost everything!" hahaha, but somehow my brain is connecting a bit better than I thought it would, and I've actually been surprised that I'm understanding some things- praise God! To put a sentence together in Hungarian is very very hard - yes, this sounds silly, but the structure of a sentence is, well, for me at least, very complicated, although the order of words can be mixed, so maybe I'm just being too careful. Anyway, most of the time I'm like a cave man "where - store - left or right?" or " I go - bus stop - where is?" This is my Hungarian level, but hey, it's ok, people are pretty patient and help me and point a lot, to show what they're saying, hahha!
Ok, so yesterday I was in the church I went to last year, and it's in a new location because it has grown from about 20 to 35-ish people - although it sounds small, relatively speaking, this is a HUGE deal for this part of the world, yeaaaaa! A good friend, Kata, translated for me, and the pastor spoke about how we can spend so much time over-analyzing things or life, and forget our purpose of sharing the gospel as being our primary goal. Wow, this must me a universal problem/issue, which is really no surprise, huh? God has shown me this topic in my life many times, and it's funny how He can be showing other beleivers half-a-world-away the same thing. It was a good reminder to hear this.
On Friday, the 5th of Aug.[a bit of a date change] Im going to the first camp in the Ukraine. I found out from Szilard, a guy at church, that the city is Kukja or Kukya[?]. This might be the wrong spelling, neither of us knew, but this is how the name of the city sounds like it would be spelled. He said if you were in a car in Miskolc [eastern Hungary] you would drive about 3 hours east. So for those of you who asked which city, I hope this one sounds familiar :) .
Please pray that the people who are coming to the camps are either believers who will be encouraged in their faith, or if they're not saved, that God would melt their hearts to hear the precious love He has for them, and that they would see their sin and know their need for forgiveness and come to know Jesus as their savior. I hope the English lessons we use that are taken from Bible passages are just the topic they need to hear, however God would use it. And also, for the congregation in the Ukraine to not be discouraged by the lack of financial means to survive. The branch in Budapest is bringing some supplies and pray that these would help this group of people in a practical way, too. Pray also for safe traveling, and that we aren't "thoroughly inspected" a.k.a. having things taken from us possibly, by the Ukraine border guards, [because of the box we're bringing in - it's food and donated clothes from the Budapest church]. We're going to walk across the border by foot, I was told last night by Aniko, a girl from church, and then get in a car on the other side, with a Ukrainian pastor - I dont know exaclty what this means, or why we're doing it this way, I didn't ask, but I think it's something to do with the border patrol,etc, please pray it goes well, thanks!
When I'm home from both camps I will once again have internet access. In the Ukraine I will maybe have some, they say, if I go into "town" [wherever that is!?LOL!] and in Romania I don't know the city or the circumstances yet, but I could have access there too.
So happy to see old friends here too! Pray that I can be an encourager to them and have a great time of fellowship. My friends Denis and Andrea just got married and we'll celebrate this on Monday [tonite]!! They are the sweetest couple I met in London, and they have really big hearts for God! <3
Ok, take care and keep in touch via comments here, thanks!
Lauren
ps- hahaha, i tried to run spell cehck and EVERYTHING was highlighted, because the Hungarian spell check didn't recognize any English words,haha, so please ignore my typos, if there are still some, oh boy!! LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment